Natural Romance Candle Recipe
- Candle Wicks
- Glass Jars or Other Heat Resistant Containers for Candle Base
- 1 Heat Resistant Bowl
- 1 Sauce Pan (or Double Boiler)
- Jasmine Essential Oil
- Ylang Ylang Essential Oil
- Mica Powder for coloring (optional)
- Prepare your candle base.
- Clean candle base and ensure they are dry and ready for use
- Place a small amount of glue on the bottom of the wick to secure it to the bottom of the jar
- Using a stick, fork or pencil, carefully tape it to the top of the jar and wrap the wick around it to ensure it stays upright.
- Fill sauce pan halfway with water, heat on medium/high heat.
- Add beeswax into heat resistant container.
- Place heat resistant container filled with beeswax carefully into the heated water and stir slowly until completely melted. (Or use a double boiler)
- Add 4 drops of jasmine and ylang ylang essential oil (Optional add Mica Powder for coloring)
- Use a toothpick or other small instrument to mix the wax and oil. Mix slowly to avoid burning yourself.
- While still warm, carefully pour the beeswax mixture into the glass jar or candle container, ensuring that the wick stays upright in the middle of the jar
- Let cool for 24 hours.
- After 24 hours, trim the wick and enjoy your natural romance candle!